When you’re talking about accessories for men, the conversation starts and ends with a quality timepiece. Whether it’s a classic bracelet or one with more modern touches, the right watch can really make a statement. With daylight savings time on its way, now is as good a time as any to synchronize your watch with the season by putting one of these excellent choices on your wrist.
1. High Tech. It’s the 21st century: Your watch can’t just tell time anymore. Citizen took the technology change as a personal challenge, creating this modern perpetual calendar watch with Bluetooth capability that actually synchs to the wearer’s iPhone. From there, the watch keeps track of your personal schedule, establishing call and e-mail alerts, calendar event notifications and more directly to your wrist. Citizen Proximity, $495 at Morton & Rudolph, 1900 Route 70 E., Cherry Hill, (856) 424-1101, MortonandRudolph.com
2. Impressive. A name like Tag Heuer carries quite the reputation among Swiss watch brands for its long-standing commitment to quality. The designer’s automatic chronograph is proof, featuring all polished details and silver accents and a double anti-reflective treatment that makes it easy to read in any setting. Tag Heuer Carrera Heritage Calibre 1887 Chronograph, $4,600 at Jay Roberts, 515 Route 73 S., Marlton, (856) 596-8600, JayRobertsJewelers.com
3. On-the-Go. This Switzerland-based company is known for delivering sturdy and dependable products. Designed with the active man in mind, the tan nylon strap and matching face and bezel can withstand any climate or condition. Victorinox Swiss Army Original, $325 at Littman Jewelers, 1750 Deptford Center Road, Deptford, (856) 845-5521, LittmanJewelers.com
4. Tradition. This Philip Stein piece may resemble its traditional look, but the titanium strap, black carbon fiber dial, and sapphire crystal coating give it a modern feel. Plus, the designer’s line goes beyond the clock; featuring Natural Frequency Technology designed to boost wellness and help reduce stress. Philip Stein Traditional Chronograph, $3,030 at David Arlen Jewelers, 1299 Route 38 W., Hainesport, (609) 914-0404, DavidArlen.com
5. Trending. Rose gold is not just for the ladies; it’s as popular with men. TW Steel’s rose gold chronograph gives you a change in the monotony with its modern numerals, and the black dial makes going from day to night effortless. TW Steel 40mm Rose Gold Canteen Chronograph, $675 at Billig Jewelers, 300 Route 73 S., Marlton, (856) 983-2300, BilligJewelers.com
6. Classic. Baume & Mercier is debuting its brand new Clifton line this spring, drawing inspiration from vintage watches of decades past. The black alligator strap and satin-finished 18k red gold case on this 39mm piece pays homage to the simple sophistication of watches through time. Baume & Mercier Clifton Timepiece, $13,900 at Bernie Robbins Jewelers, 500 Route 73 S., Marlton, (856) 985-4500, BernieRobbins.com
7. Timeless. Rule the boardroom with this classic timepiece from a company more than 100 years in the making. It features a 39 mm stainless steel case and chocolate brown alligator strap that compliments the red hands and numerals on its clean face. MontBlanc Timewalker Automatic, $3,060 at Family Jewelers, 65 Route 70 E., Marlton, (856) 983-6337, FamilyJewelers.com
Click here for photos of all of these items.
Published (and copyrighted) in South Jersey Magazine, Volume 9, Issue 12 (March, 2013).
For more info on South Jersey Magazine, click here.
To subscribe to South Jersey Magazine, click here.
To advertise in South Jersey Magazine, click here.