With fall just around the corner, it’s almost time to update your cold-weather wardrobe. This season, we’re seeing two major trends emerge: new takes on old classics— from a haircalf and leather structured tote to the pair of perfect, yet updated, riding boots; and deep jewel tones, from a pair of wine-colored booties to a sparkly statement bauble. So peruse our carefully curated picks for fall and select the perfect accessory to elevate your look. After all, no one likes a style that falls flat.
1. New Classic. A pair of chic, well-made riding boots are a perfect complement to any fall ensemble—and Frye’s ‘Phillip’ Riding Boot is a new take on an old classic. Boasting a chocolate-brown finish, weathered sole and side buckle, these boots have plenty of character, but with their zip-up closure, they’re functional, too. ‘Phillip’ Riding Boot by Frye, $387.95 at Nordstrom, 2000 Route 38, Cherry Hill, (856) 773-5600, Nordstrom.com
2. More Wine, Please. Put some pep in your step with Anthropologie’s Grammar Booties by Splendid. Available in a deep wine hue, these booties have a 3.75-inch stacked heel, the perfect height for every day—and night—wear. Grammar Booties by Splendid, $158 at Anthropologie, 500 Route 73, Marlton, (856) 596-4507, Anthropologie.com
3. Elegance. Look like a star with the Crystal Stone Cluster Necklace from J. Crew. Whether you’re dressed casually for a night out with friends or donning a designer gown for an event, this gold and black, spiked statement piece is sure to add some flair. Crystal Stone Cluster Necklace, $138 at J. Crew, 500 Route 73, Marlton, (856) 988-9046, JCrew.com
4. Black and Blue. Every fashionista knows denim is a staple come cooler temperatures. And what would complement your faded blue jeans better than the Mercer Oversized Satchel from Henri Bendel? Crafted of midnight blue haircalf and sumptuous black leather, this high-end bag is the perfect companion to your favorite pair of skinnies. Mercer Oversized Satchel by Henri Bendel, $698 at Henri Bendel, 2000 Route 38, Cherry Hill, (856) 910-8006, HenriBendel.com
5. Fierce. Add some edge to your look with Steve Madden’s Raleighh boots. These black leather boots boast a 3.5-inch stacked wooden heel that adds a whole new dimension of fierceness. With a dual buckle detail and a quilted back panel, it’s easy to play up your inner rock goddess. Raleighh by Steve Madden, $169.95 at Steve Madden, 2000 Route 38, Cherry Hill, (856) 662-5540, SteveMadden.com
6. Comfort. Who says you can’t look and feel chic simultaneously? With this rose-colored tweed printed scarf from Coach, you can cut the chilling autumn breeze while still looking fresh and fashionable—and the tweed pattern is a perfect choice for fall. Lightweight Printed Tweed Oversized Square Scarf by Coach, $178 at Coach, 1750 Deptford Center Road, Deptford, (856) 686-5738, Coach.com
7. Leather. No fall wardrobe would be complete without a classic leather jacket—and Ann Taylor’s Addison Leather Moto fits the bill. The jacket’s classic shape will flatter any silhouette, while the gold detailing in the asymmetrical zip front and exposed sleeve zippers adds the perfect pop for fall. Addison Leather Moto Jacket by Ann Taylor, $348 at Ann Taylor, 500 Route 73, Marlton, (856) 797-3401, AnnTaylor.com
8. All in the Wrist. Fashion means originality. Customize your own Gypsy 66 Wrap from Alex and Ani, a brand that’s burst onto the scene recently and is becoming a fast classic. Available in a variety of colors, from Rafaelian gold to shiny silver to hematite, this bracelet is easily customizable. Another plus? The expandable bracelet fits all wrist sizes with ease. Fashion and function? We like that. Gypsy 66 Wrap by Alex and Ani, $58 at Fond Memories, 200 Tuckerton Road, Medford, (856) 596-6536, Fond-Memories.com
Published (and copyrighted) in South Jersey Magazine, Volume 11, Issue 5 August, 2014).
For more info on South Jersey Magazine, click here.
To subscribe to South Jersey Magazine, click here.
To advertise in South Jersey Magazine, click here.