No two dads are ever alike. From the outdoorsy type to the tech fan, your father’s hobbies and interests are what make him so unique. And with Father’s Day right around the corner, what better way to show your dad just what makes him so special? Here we take a look at items for every type of dad to help you find the prime gift.
1. The Spirited One. If your father’s liquor cabinet is full of only the best spirits, then this new and unique bottle is worth a try. This whiskey combines craft beer and liquor, distilling the liquor through Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA for nine days before aging it for 22 months to create a hoppy flavor unlike any other whiskey. Charbay R5 Top Flavored Whiskey, $74.99 for a 750 ML bottle at Traino’s Wine & Spirits, 100 Church Road, Evesham, (856) 983-0056, TrainosWine.com
2. The Green Fiend. If there’s sun in the sky, you know you’ll find your father at his favorite course, on the quest for a hole-in-one or just trying to make it through a tough round. Garmin’s GPS watch takes the guesswork out of course navigation with more than 32,000 courses already pre-loaded. Simply strap it on to scope green yardage, digital scorecards and more. Approach SF GPS Watch by Garmin, $349.99 at Golfsmith, 401 Route 38, Moorestown, (856) 608-0877, Golfsmith.com
3. The Leader of the Board Room. A hard-working businessman can never have enough professional outfits. But if you’ve lost count of the number of Father’s Day ties you’ve purchased in the past, think of mixing things up with a new pair of shoes. These oxfords can be dressed up or down so your dad can go from work to play in one step. Farli Walk shoes in Tobacco by Clarks, $115 at Benjamin Lovell Shoes, 212 Kings Highway E., Haddonfield, (856) 429-7801, BLShoes.com
4. The Style Maven. He’s the guy that taught you how to knot your first tie, and your dad’s fashion sense has only gotten better with age. These classic, aviator-style frames are Oliver Peoples’ most popular look among its celebrity clientele. And with eight different colors to choose from, you’re bound to find the perfect fit. Aero Sunglasses by Oliver Peoples, starting at $350 at Fortuna Optical, 501 Route 73 S., Marlton, (856) 797-0600
5. The Lifelong Phanatic. Through good times and bad, your dad has always stuck by his team. And true local fans know that you can never have enough gear in your wardrobe. Mitchell & Ness’ cardigan comes with the Phillies’ vintage logo proudly displayed on the front, but is still stylish enough to throw on in the off-season. Philadelphia Phillies’ Assistant Coach Cardigan by Mitchell & Ness, $125 at Roster, 2000 Route 38, Cherry Hill, (856) 663-1412
6. The Tech Nut. From tablets to televisions, your dad’s electronic collection is constantly evolving, and he’s always on the hunt for the new great gadget. Ultimate Ears’ UE Boom wireless speaker is one of the best choices out there for wireless music. Powered by Bluetooth, your dad can connect to any of his electronics and blast his favorite tunes on the go. UE Boom by Ultimate Ears, $199.95 at Best Buy, 1851 Deptford Center Road, Deptford, (856) 374-0404, BestBuy.com
7. The Grilling Guru. Let’s face it; no matter how hard you try, your barbecue will never taste quite as good as dad’s. He’s got a secret ingredient or tip for every cut of steak, and always manages to flip the burgers at just the right time. A real king of the grill needs the tools to match, and this kit comes with a cool case to protect his valuables. Stainless Steel Barbecue Tool Set by All-Clad, $119.95 at Sur La Table, 500 Route 73 S., Marlton, (856) 797-0098, SurLaTable.com
8. The King of Craft Beer. The craft beer trend is a way of life for some people. Always in search for the next best accessory, we stumbled on this innovative beer growler. Your dad will love this vacuum-insulated variety, which keeps beer ice cold for up to 24 hours, so he can load up on his favorite local brew and hit his favorite BYOB without missing a beat. 64 oz. Growler by Hydro Flask, $49.95 at Eastern Mountain Sports, 400 Route 38, Moorestown, (856) 234-3030, EMS.com
9. The Schedule-Keeper. He’s never late for anything; in fact he’s always early. Your dad’s always been there to instill just how important a tight schedule can be, and it’s paid off. Show him just how valuable his time is with this Raymond Weil watch. Featuring an alligator leather band and sapphire crystal face, it’s built to last and designed to look good. 2827-STC-00659 Watch by Raymond Weil, $1,595 at JG Kronenberger Fine Jewelry, 417 Stokes Road, Medford, (609) 654-2234, JGKronenberger.com
Published (and copyrighted) in South Jersey Magazine, Volume 11, Issue 3 June, 2014).
For more info on South Jersey Magazine, click here.
To subscribe to South Jersey Magazine, click here.
To advertise in South Jersey Magazine, click here.