With Mother’s Day rapidly approaching, now is your time to say thank you for years of mending scrapes and bruises, invaluable advice, and for just being mom. We hit South Jersey boutiques and shops to find our favorite Mother’s Day gifts, tokens of our love that really show her just how much she means. Check out our picks and give your mother something to brag about—until next year, that is.
1. Sweetie. Some of our favorite memories revolve around fresh-baked goods and lunch box treats. If your mom is known for her kitchen skills, then surprise her with some gourmet vanilla, like these varieties, which are flavored to give a slight twist on her classic recipes. Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Extracts in Various Flavors, $12.95 each at Williams-Sonoma, 2000 Route 38, Cherry Hill, (856) 661-0383, Williams-Sonoma.com
2. Carry-All. A tote is great for the mom-on-the-go who never seems to have enough hands. Sorial’s leather variety comes with pockets on the inside for storage of smaller things, along with a clasp closure to keep anything from spilling out. It’s embossed to look like chic snakeskin, but still subtle enough to go with everything. Rubina Tote by Sorial, $198 at La Di Da, 17 E. Main St., Moorestown, (856) 222-1778, LaDiDaLaDiDa.com
3. Accessorize. Help your mother add layers to her look with some fun new accessories. Henri Bendel’s infinity scarf is made of 100 percent silk chiffon; not only is it the ultimate luxury, but it’s light and airy enough to wear well into the summer season. Cabana Stripe Chiffinity Scarf by Henri Bendel, $128 at Henri Bendel, Cherry Hill, (856) 910-8006, HenriBendel.com
4. Blooming. Can you ever go wrong with a really beautiful bouquet? This blossoming arrangement is a reminder of what you and your mother’s relationship has bloomed into. New Sensations Bouquet, $112 at Moorestown Flower Shoppe, 65 E. Main St., Moorestown, (856) 234-0660, MoorestownFlowerShoppe.com
5. Sudsy. Turn the tub into your mom’s own private spa with the help of a few luxury bath products. This body wash doubles as a bubble bath and smells fresh and floral, so it feels like she’s lounging in a pool of rose petals. Kimono Rose Body Wash by Thymes, $20 at Serendipity, 127 Kings Highway E., Haddonfield, (856) 354-6343, SerendipityOfHaddonfield.com
6. Flowery. You can never have enough candles, so add some aromatics into the mix this year with a specialty variety like Votivo. They’re a great home accessory and add just the right amount of fresh, floral scent without being too overpowering. Lavender Pear Chamomile Candle by Votivo, $26.95 at The Paper Trail and More, 45 E. Kings Highway, Haddonfield, (856) 429-4001, ThePaperTrailAndMore.com
7. Namesake. Most moms carry their title with pride, so give her something that will show it off with style. This metal bangle spells it like it is, with the word “mom” proudly displayed in elegant cursive. It’s the perfect subtle accessory for any mom, and adds a pop of springtime color. Mom Bracelet in Flower Shower by Vera Bradley, $38 at Fond Memories, 200 Tuckerton Road, Medford, (856) 596-6536, Fond-Memories.com
Published (and copyrighted) in South Jersey Magazine, Volume 11, Issue 2 May, 2014).
For more info on South Jersey Magazine, click here.
To subscribe to South Jersey Magazine, click here.
To advertise in South Jersey Magazine, click here.